The Book Previewer Plugin for WordPress is now available for download from the WordPress Plugin Repository. Book Previewer enables you to use a shortcode to retrieve and display Google Books previews of titles you specify. The shortcode can be used on any WordPress page or post. Book Previewer supports all of the following book identifiers:
- International Standard Book Number (ISBN)
- Online Computer Library Center (OCLC)
- Library of Congress Control Number (LCCN)
- Google Play Generated Key (GGKEY)
A preview of your title must already exist in Google Books in order to use this plugin. You can obtain more information about the Google Books/Google Play Partner programs at Google.
Book Previewer supports the following three modes of operation:
- embedded: allows you to embed the preview directly on a page or post
- popup: allows you to display a Google Preview button that pops up a preview of your book
- link: allows you to display a Google Preview button that links directly to the preview of your book on Google Play/Google Books
Installing the Book Previewer Plugin
Book Previewer version 1.0.0 can be downloaded and installed from within WordPress. You can also download Book Previewer directly from the WordPress repository.
Supporting the Book Previewer Plugin
If you would like to contribute to the development of future versions of Book Previewer, you can do so by purchasing an ebook from this publisher.
Seeing the Book Previewer Plugin In Action
A demonstration of Book Previewer’s “embedded previewer” option is available on the plugin’s page.