Version 2.0.0 of GoodReviews Plugin for WordPress is available for download from the WordPress plugin repository. This is the most current version of the plugin. This version of GoodReviews requires WordPress version 3.8 or later.
Version 2.0.0 is a complete rewrite of the plugin that enables it to better integrate with WordPress as a whole. New features include:
- Plugin has been completely rewritten to better integrate with the WordPress Settings API.
- Now shows ratings count for all editions of a title.
- Added widgets for book buying links, book information, and book reviews.
- Added support for styling the output in a more responsive way.
- Added support for WordPress localization (i18n).
- Added support for HTTP retries and an exponential backoff method of dealing with throttling problems.
- Added support for context-sensitive help on the Settings page.
- Added support for an uninstall process that removes all settings and plugin files.
- Added support for a shortcut parameter that disables the reviews pane.
You must have a GoodReads developer API key in order to use this plugin. You only need the developer access key to use GoodReviews, not the secret key.
GoodReviews version 2.0.0 can be downloaded and installed from within WordPress. You can also download GoodReviews directly from the WordPress repository.
You can upgrade to version 2.0.0 from any previous version of GoodReviews by using the plugin updater built into WordPress. Your current settings should remain intact.
Supporting GoodReviews Development
If you would like to contribute to the development of future versions of GoodReviews, you can do so by purchasing an ebook from this publisher.